The Illinois Credit Union Foundation is proud to partner with the National Credit Union Foundation to present an Exploring Why™ Virtual Workshop on October 25, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The ICU Foundation is bringing a virtual version of the workshop to ICUL-affiliated credit unions at no cost! The registration deadline is October 14, 2022.
This experiential training empowers employees of all levels to understand and leverage the Credit Union Difference to drive greater value for your members and organization. The interactive workshop incorporates lessons from National Credit Union Foundation’s signature Development Education (DE) Program.
- The structural and philosophical differences between credit unions and other financial institutions, and how it impacts business operations and decision-making.
- How to communicate your organization’s “why,” their personal “why,” and tell the story of how you drive value for your members.
- Opportunities to take ownership in finding new and better ways to meet the needs of your members and organization.
|Time||Key Objective||Discussion Points & Activities|
|9:00 AM – 9:15 AM||Welcome & Introductions||Opening remarks / Virtual workshop details|
|9:15 AM – 9:45 AM||Balance between CU Business and Social Mission||Discuss factors that contribute to business decision within CUs|
|9:45 AM – 10:30 AM||The CU Difference Co-op Principles||Identify the Credit Union Difference and the cooperative principles that support it.|
|10:30 AM –10:45 AM||Break|
|10:45 AM –11:15 AM||CU History||Discuss origins of the CU movement and key historical events|
|11:15 AM – 11:45 AM||CU Champions Activity||Review key credit union champions and their unique traits and values that benefitted the credit union movement.|
|11:45 AM – 12:15 PM||Financial Well-being for All||Final discussion and reflection|
|12:15 PM –12:30 PM||Your Role, Your Values, Your Why||Reflect on how your role impacts the mission of your CUWhat is one action you can take after today’s session?|
Who Should Attend?
Exploring Why™ Virtual Workshop is suited for:
- Seasoned Executives who want to reconnect to credit union philosophy
- Recently promoted and current staff members who want to learn about credit unions unique role as a financial service provider
- New Employees who want to find out more about what makes credit unions different
- Board Members who are new to credit unions or who want a refresher on the credit union difference
Tobi Weingart, M.Ed., CUDE, CUHRCP, PAHR, CWMF
A leader in human resources development, facilitation and learning design, Tobi Weingart is the Program Director at the National Credit Union Foundation. At the Foundation, she designs, develops, implements, and facilitates The Foundation’s Exploring WhyTM education program, where participants discover and engage with the impact of credit unions through the lens of the movement’s principles and philosophies. She is also a facilitator of the The Foundation’s Development Education (CUDE) program, which is a transformational, experiential training, leveraging the credit union difference to improve financial well-being for all.
This event is being held virtually and does not require travel but does require your full participation.
- End to End Attendance: please be prepared to be present from beginning to end.
- Sensory Engagement: Please have both your video and audio on through your computer/cellphone. If multiple individuals from the same organization are attending, we ask that if possible, each participant sign in from their own device. Check out a quick audio/video Zoom training video >>
- Fully Present: Please eliminate notifications, distractions, or anything that will take your attention from the experience.
Registration Fee – FREE!
Registration Deadline – October 14, 2022